Insulin and leptin resistance reversal

fhutt

10 Sep, 2017 11:27 PM

What are the signs of reversal of insulin and leptin resistance?
How does one monitor the progress towards fully reversing resistance?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Fiona on 13 Oct, 2017 02:51 AM

There are many, for me I did not feel hungry, or a different kind of hungry, when eating carbs I would be so starving I could eat a horse, now I just feel a little big hungry and become satiated pretty quickly. My brain feels so much clearer, less anxiety, calm. complexion smoother. I could do a lot more tasks. I slept better. I did not get triggered, like I could before. I get filled up by eating less. There is a period at about 14 days though when i first transitioned where I was so tired, I thought i would fall asleep standing up! but it is like running your engines on fast burning sugar for fuel, then depleting all that sugar and your engine really slows down, before the fat burning engines get going. Do when you feel that slowing down be happy that your body is switching engines!

2. 2 Posted by fhutt on 13 Oct, 2017 03:19 AM

Thank you Fiona for your reply.
    Fortunately, I feel fine. I am not tired or lack energy or any of the other feelings you mentioned. Unfortunately, I don't feel any different to starting on the Rosedale diet.

The transition was simple for me because I switched from the Atkins diet, which I was used to, having been on it for a long time intermittently. However, it did take a little time to be able to reduce the proteins. I am doing fine now though.

I now find that after a glucose tolerance test or a feast, my fasting glucose comes down to normal (about 5 mmol/L) in about 3 days instead of about 2 weeks. This is probably a sign that my insulin sensitivity is improving but I was hoping that there is a better way of testing this. This is really what I was after. Some direct method of checking sensitivity or resistance without having to consume large amounts of carbs.

Maybe the only way to test how my body reacts to carbs is to consume carbs and see the result.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac