Still battling evening hunger...any suggestions?

Lori

29 Jun, 2014 09:48 PM

Hi, I am now a little over 5 weeks into the Rosedale diet, and the hunger at night is really getting to me. I go to bed with a growling stomach, occasionally wake up in the middle of the night hungry, and wake up in the morning hungry.

Do I just need to slug down a spoonful of oil, or another half of an avocado, or some MCT oil when the evening hunger pangs appear?

Here's my current eating plan, the one that seems to work for most of the day:

Breakfast: 3oz meat/turkey/fish/chicken or 2 eggs
Lunch: Same as breakfast, plus a big salad (mostly just lettuce) at lunch, with vinegar and 1/2 an avocado (or some avocado oil)
For snacks, 1 oz nuts (hazelnuts, walnuts) in the morning.
Usually, I eat another 1 oz of nuts in the late afternoon.
After week 3, I added 1 oz of goat cheese per day.
Around 5-6 pm, I have veggies (zucchini, green beans, etc.) I may cook them with a little olive, avocado, or coconut oil.

By 8 or 9 pm, my stomach is growling. I just force myself not to eat. And I've lost a few pounds and want to continue to do so. (I have about 12 pounds to lose.) But how sustainable is this?

I did try spreading my main protein among 3 meals (2 oz. meat at bkfst, at lunch, at dinner) but it's not enough to keep me going during the day.

I am 60, only mildly active, and 5' tall. Doing the math, I've maxed out my protein allotment by the time 5-6 pm rolls around.

So again--when hunger pangs start in the evening, do I just slug down some extra fat of some sort in the evening, or MCT oil, and hope that will tide me over until the next morning?

BTW, I drink lots of water, but that only helps so much.

I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks very much for your help.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ken on 29 Jun, 2014 11:02 PM

Hi Lori

You might try a little experimenting such as:

• 1 ounce of coconut / MCT oil @ lunch & dinner - with a little extra green salad for dinner.

• adjust the oil up or down as needed

Let us know how the experimenting goes ..

Ken

2. 2 Posted by Cheryl Ziervoge... on 30 Oct, 2014 07:52 AM

The Cohen's First Personal Diet is a world class approach in its own right. No hunger, no excessive restriction of any food group, hormonal address, and lifestyle factors are all validated.

It is mind boggling how one can suddenly 'embrace' butter, and eggs, and all the good food, when it was never bad to begin with. The killer foods of the 20th and now 21st Century is the denatured, overly processed, and highly additive products that ill informed consumers eat on a daily basis.

We are not going back to nature, we are nature. And therefore, a biological assimilation of food (to be effective) has to be made up of organic matter. No trans oils and fats, no soy products that imitate milk, yogurt, cheese - the Asians live on Tofu, which is fermented soy, and as such, an easily digestible protein which effectively replaces meat, no white sugar ( brown sugar stripped of its molasses) no white flour(stripped of bran and wheatgerm) and bread baked slowly, allowing the gluten to expand and therewith easily digestible. There is no comparing the taste and nutritional value of these products to anything industrially farmed or factory made.

East seasonal, for every seasonal harvest is tasteful, healthful and keeps the body tuned to the regional climate,decreasing our chance of catching colds and other infections. Determining what is in season is something of a lost art, however, when pretty much anything you want is for sale all year round. Cost is often a clue. Lower prices can be a rough guide to what is in season.

All in all, common sense, coupled with intelligent research should be used more...commonly. And that in itself can be cost effective! Healthy, wealthy, and wise.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac